The UK’s cyber security industry is now worth an estimated £8.3 billion, with total revenues in the sector up 46 per cent from £5.7 billion in 2017.
The sector has seen significant growth in annual revenue and employment, as well as considerable investment in early-stage companies. The findings from the report show:
- The number of active cyber security firms in the UK has increased by 44 per cent – up from 846 in 2017 to over 1,200 at year-end 2019. This growth is the equivalent to a new cyber security business being set up in the UK every week
- There are now approximately 43,000 full time employees working in the cyber security sector, up 37 per cent from 2017
- Total revenues within the sector have increased by 46 per cent to an estimated £8.3 billion. On average, revenue per employee reached £193,500 – an increase of 7 per cent since 2017
- 2019 was a record year for the sector with more than £348 million of investment
- Over the last four years (2016-19), total investment identified within the cyber security sector has exceeded £1.1 billion, demonstrating how confidence has grown in the industry.
To read the full article, please click here.