Cyber Risk & Security. Everybody’s talking about it. Every major corporation is concerned by it. The Government is investing £1.9 billion in tackling it. Our client is shaping strategies and transforming technology to minimise it and they need you to join them. You’ll build strong relationships within a Cyber practice with some 300 FTE extremely talented individuals. Their team brings together people who graduated in everything from Philosophy to Law, Maths and Computer Science. Join them and you will operate at the cutting edge, enjoying the kind of professional development that will set your potential free.
They are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow their people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. Whether this is working 4 days per week, taking the summer months off work, or more flexibility around your working pattern, we consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome.
In a rapidly changing world where information has a significant value, supply chains are increasingly interconnected. In a world of uncertainty when doing business on a global basis, the resilience of operations has become a board-level issue.
You will provide clients with a full spectrum of services encompassing business and technology resilience. When clients have an incident the Cyber Incident Response team gets to work – fast – to identify root causes and evict threats. Professionals apply their experience and imagination to find the most advanced threats, hiding in the darkest corners of the network. Not only do they identify where these threats are they also remove them from the network, preventing business-disrupting damage from occurring. With a unique collection of skills, methodologies and strategic award-winning vendor relationships, our client can do whatever it takes – from improving the security of a single component to delivering a holistic security and privacy programme.
Our client’s Cyber Incident Responders will be called to answer client needs regarding proactive incident response advisory services, reactive incident response, post-breach assessments, managed threat hunting as well as implementing response automation technologies.
As a Consultant or Senior Consultant focused on Cyber within Risk Advisory, you will typically have responsibility for:
- Your creative mindset will enable you to solve clients’ issues whilst thinking around corners;
- You will bring innate ability to lead teams, inspire colleagues and act as a trusted business adviser;
- You will deliver cyber-related engagements with our clients, working seamlessly and collaboratively with colleagues and clients;
- You will contribute to the development of our teams by training and coaching;
- You’ll be contributing to the creation of new Cyber related services and the development of existing services;
- You’ll be keen to increase the eminence of the Cyber practice and engage with some high profile clients;
- You will have the willingness to learn and develop that our client will encourage through training, mentoring and coaching options;
- You will work effectively in diverse teams with an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
Our client believes the best impact is the value they add, not the hours sat at desks. They carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for their people and clients. Please speak to us about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: We are recruiting in London, Reading, Bristol, Manchester, Belfast and Edinburgh.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time: with opportunity for some home working.
Your professional experience
Desirable skills, qualifications and experience:
- Proven experience in Incident Response, either in-house or as a consultant;
- Experience in network forensics with an emphasis on detecting malicious activity using network traffic;
- Experience working with security intelligence, data analytics, security incident response, and forensic investigation teams;
- Experience in forensic and memory analysis with an emphasis on detecting malicious activity using host-based artefacts on Windows and/or Unix/Linux operating systems;
- Tool agnostic ability to conduct preliminary malware analysis;
- Knowledge of current hacking techniques, vulnerability disclosures, data breach incidents, and security analysis techniques;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to tailor communications to people from a wide range of backgrounds and seniorities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of developing strong relationships, either as a consultant or within an organisation;
- Experience in delivering proactive Incident Response Advisory work to help improve client response maturity (e.g. response process and procedure creation), including scenario design and delivery of cyber War-gaming exercises;
- Willingness to operate as part of an ‘on-call roster’, travelling to assist our UK and EMEA clients when required;
- Strong academics, including a minimum of 2.1 degree, or equivalent experience; and
- Relevant qualifications, for example, CISSP, CISM, GCFE, GCFA, GREM, GCIH, CCIM, GCIA, CCNIA, CCHIA, CCMRE or similar.
- Holds Government Security clearance, or willingness to undergo the security vetting process.
|Job Category||Cyber Security|