Our clients Cyber Defence consultants help their clients defend against current and future cyber threats. They work across a range of areas including strategy, security assessment, attack detection and secure development.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver Cyber Defence services to clients. A successful candidate will be required to understand the motivations and methods adopted by a wide range of threat actors and develop a detailed understanding of how exploitation of systems occurs. The candidate must also have technical knowledge of enterprise IT platforms, ideally gained by performing attacks or in responding to them in a hands-on capacity through penetration testing, security monitoring or incident response. Equally, we would welcome applications from candidates with experience in software engineering or network architecture, interested in applying their skills and expertise to security challenges.
Our client encourages all of their consultants to undertake personal research projects. Their consultants frequently publish advisories, white papers and present at the leading security conferences. The most successful consultants have the ability to challenge previous assumptions and identify innovative methods for solving a problem.
What we need…
- Ability to deliver hands-on consultancy for clients, including technical activities, report writing and presentation
- Ability to maintain target utilisation on client chargeable projects
- Can produce research to a publishable standard
- Support our client in innovation and growth
- Produce scopes, bid content and pre-sales support to help win work.
Who we think will be a great fit…
- Passionate about information security, defensive security in particular
- Innovative mind-set and the ability to challenge existing approaches to information security
- Excellent at communicating to both technical and senior-management audiences
- Advanced understanding of tools, techniques and procedures that modern attackers use to compromise organisations, ideally from direct experience.
- Technical knowledge in one or more of the following specialisms:
- Computer programming and scripting
- Software engineering
- Popular corporate operating systems (Windows, Unix).
- CREST Registered Tester (CRT) or Certified Tester (CCT) (Infrastructure or Web Application)
- CCNA, MCSA, MCSE or other certifications demonstrating core technical skills
- Other security industry specific technical accreditations such as OSCP, OSCE, GIAC, CISSP.
Who we are…
Our client is a research-led cyber security consultancy working with clients around the world. They provide specialist advice and solutions on all areas of security, from professional to managed services through to commercial and open source security tools. Their focus is working with clients to develop and deliver security programmes, tailored to meet the needs of each individual organisation.
In a rapidly changing technology landscape, innovation is essential and their ambition is to push boundaries sets them apart. They are not satisfied with the first answer, they break things, reverse and research them until yhey have an understanding that is of real value. Central to this philosophy is the desire to deliver high quality cyber security consulting services and unsurpassed levels of support to their clients.
This is a great opportunity to work with some awesome people in a thriving business. If you have the ambition and expertise to fulfil this role then please contact us.
|Job Category||Cyber Security, Data Privacy, Information Security|