Location: UK mobile, West Midlands base
Working Pattern: Full-time
The role is twofold: to provide technical security design and assurance in support of our client’s business delivery and to investigate security incidents for public and private sector clients both in the UK and across our clients’ global network.
- Provision of technical security advice to clients and colleagues to support the creation of secure solutions and the resolution of technical vulnerabilities.
- Analysis and interpretation of high profile security incidents or events that require full and in-depth investigations.
- Collection and management of evidence in line with relevant legislation and standards.
- Use of forensic and data mining tools to collect, search, recover, sort and organise large amounts of information in all phases of an investigation.
- Conducting interviews to gather additional information in support of investigations.
- Production of high quality written reports.
- Keeping up to date with changing processes, technologies and legislative changes.
- Introduction of continuous improvements in the way that we operate.
Skills required for the role
- Good understanding of network security issues and exposure to network design.
- Understanding of securing internet-facing environments and defence-in-depth security.
- Ability to review technical designs and to articulate security requirements clearly.
- Flexible, motivated and a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of network theory and technologies (including IP, TCP/UDP, VLANs, Routing protocols & NAT) and their appropriate use.
- Practical experience with digital forensics tooling such as EnCase , FTK and IEFParaben, nuix, X-Ways, Helix.
- Experience of forensically analysing mobile devices, for example, Feature phones, Smartphones and Tablets.
- Network forensics, forensic analysis, and cybersecurity investigations.
- Understanding of a wide range of technologies, including Microsoft, UNIX/Linux, and cloud environments.
- Programming or Scripting (Python/Perl/PowerShell).
- Understanding of RIPA/ACPO/PACE/GDPR regulations/guidelines.
|Job Category||Corporate Security, Cyber Security, Information Security|