Private Sector, Risk Advisory London
About Cyber Security
Organisations are increasingly operating in borderless environments and this often leaves them vulnerable to a range of information and cyber security threats. Our client’s market-leading Cyber Security Advisory practice has a proven track record of working on complex and high profile issues with some of the UK’s leading organisations. They are uniquely positioned in being able to help their clients improve the security of a single component or to develop and then deliver comprehensive and holistic security and privacy transformation programmes. They provide their clients with a full spectrum of services encompassing information security, cyber security and privacy across a range of disciplines from strategic and governance work to running managed security services.
We are looking for market facing experienced security professionals, with substantial experience and the ability to deliver complex projects and identify, generate and deliver sales opportunities and develop and maintain client relationships at a senior level. Successful candidates will have a broad range of expertise across information security and be able to articulate, sell and deliver different Cyber Security propositions to our target markets.
At the senior manager level, successful candidates will be required to own a portfolio of clients within their sector to either maintain and expand existing relationships, or work with our client’s networks to open up new relationships and identify opportunities. Responsibilities will be primarily on this market-building aspect, but the successful candidate will also be responsible for the high quality delivery of security engagements, typically leading junior resources as part of a wider fieldwork team.
As part of our client’s Cyber Security practice you will assist their clients in one or more specific sub-sectors of the Private Sector, which covers Consumer Business, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Energy and Resources, Manufacturing, Business and Professional Services and Healthcare Life Sciences.
This could involve:
- Defining a security strategy and target operating model for an information security function
- Conducting security risk, capability and/or maturity assessments
- Defining, mobilising and managing security enhancement projects and programmes
- Designing and implementing specific information security solutions covering people, process and technology
- Managing the client relationship for the delivery of penetration testing of IT infrastructure and applications, which would be executed by a technical supporting team
- Response to a cyber-attack involving both crisis management and investigations
- Advising on Privacy and Data Protection matters
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
Our team has grown very rapidly over the past few years, and continues to do so. The team combines a wealth of deep industry knowledge with both business advisory experience and technical expertise.
Specific security topics that our client specialises in include cyber threat management, online fraud prevention, information protection, data privacy, and identity and access management.
- Significant Cyber Security experience within one or potentially more Private Sector industry areas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of developing strong client relationships
- Delivery of client engagements, typically leading the fieldwork delivery using a team of resources and planning and staffing projects for clients based on complex deliverables and programmes of work
- Taking responsibility for budgets, and client deliverables
- Evidence of working with leadership teams to identify, generate, develop and execute sales opportunities
- Development of sales pipelines and new propositions and services
- Broad range of security experience, e.g. cyber strategy, security target operating models, security transformation programmes, security change initiatives, security technologies (such as information protection, firewall rule set review, network segregation etc), privacy, security standards such as ISF, ISO, SANS etc.
- Experience of developing bids/tender documentation
- Managing key client stakeholders’ relationships (middle management and CxO level).
- Strong technical abilities, combined with business acumen
- Preferably internal or external consultancy experience
- Strong academics, including a minimum of 2.1 degree or equivalent experience
- Qualification such as M.Inst.ISP, CISSP, CISM, CCNP, CIPP/E preferred
- Holds (or is able to hold) at least BPSS national security clearance
- You will be comfortable delivering complex projects and managing a portfolio of clients whilst developing your own business.
- When it comes to innovation in developing and building cyber solutions, you don’t just have it. You embody it.
- Chances are you’ve worked in a consulting, advisory or global organisation. If you haven’t, now’s your chance.
We are interested in talking to standout talent across all sectors – Financial Services, Public Sector, Consumer Business, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Energy and Resources, Manufacturing, Business and Professional Services and Healthcare Life Sciences.
|Job Category||Cyber Security, Data Privacy, Information Security|